CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 8, 2008

Super Saturday Madness!

Tomorrow night is my ward's Back To School Bash Enrichment Pot Luck. How is that for a title!? I have been in a tizzy the past few days trying to figure out, buy supplies, and make samples for our Super Saturday in October. I will post some pics when I get things finalized. We are also playing LDS Family Feud tomorrow night. That'll be fun! We went to Sam's today to try to buy disposable cafeteria treys. They didn't have them anymore! Such a bummer! We got cute square plates instead! We promised the young women treats if they volunteered to sit the nursery, so I get to bake lots of cookies tomorrow!
This week is shaping up to be a crazy one! This afternoon Sophie has her first appt at the puppy groomer. She is getting a trim, wash, dry, having her nails done, and some other things that really didn't sound that fun to me. Sophie may feel assaulted when we pick her up. All i know is if when i went to get a shampoo, cut and dry they "expressed" anything associated with the word anal, I'd not be going back. Poor dog. But, at least she'll smell nice and fresh and have pretty nails!
Tomorrow is going to be fun! I always look forward to Enrichment night. (yes, i know i am a dork!) Really though, no kids, someone else making dinner, adult conversation; Can't beat it!
Though I have been getting some razzing about the invites. I made a last minute change and didn't fix part of it, so it read:
A-M bring a main dish
L-Z bring a side/dessert

Yes, I know L comes before M. I did go to Alabama public schools, and although I haven't bothered to actually graduate from college, I DO know the ABC's.

The kids are home and I better go diffuse the bombs!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh the joys of owning a dog!!

Camara said...

I miss chatting with you...I love your random story telling!

Yahnira Backus a.k.a. "Mommy" said...

I sure miss the days of monthly Enrichment Nights (formerly known as Homemaking Night). It was always my boost to help me make it through the month. Nothing beats good friends, good food, and yes.... a little time away from the rugrats. :)
By the way, I just love reading your posts. Keep them coming.