CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 5, 2008

I am a ding-bat....

This has been a long week. (though aren't they all!)
Between sick kids, RS presidency meeting, ach. days, scouts, and school projects; each evening has been a frenzy of activity. I would use the evening hours to kind of hang out a bit, catch up on laundry (or try to ).
By Friday am, (today) I was pretty much useless. I HATE getting up in the morning. HATE IT. To say it takes me a while to be coherent and pleasant would be fair.
This morning was no exception. I was up late lastnight working on my Deep Ocean Diorama and Election signs. Ok, not MINE, but somehow, I got suckered into "helping". The diorama turned out fantastic, and the signs we mostly cute. It got to be later than I have been. Got up the same time this morning. That sucked.
I dutifully go to the kitchen and make lunches for the 4 school aged kids, and one for Blake.
They all leave and Sam and I watch Curious George.
Typical day.

Around 1130, the phone rings and it is Blake calling from work. This is unusual as he hates talking on the phone, and even more so talking on the phone at work.

Blake: Did you make my lunch?
Me: Yeah, did you forget it at home?
Blake: No, I have it right here.
ME: Ok? (confused...)
Blake: Did you make me a sandwich
Me: Yes, i was out of sandwich bags to I wrapped it.
Blake: Well, I see it, but you, um. well.....
me: What?
Blake: Its just bread and cheese.
Me: What do you mean?
Blake: there is no meat. It is just mayo, mustard and cheese. No meat
Me: Are you sure?
Blake: yes, I am looking at it now. there is no meat.
Me: I know I got the meat out, wonder what happened to it (thinking to myself Sophie probably had a good morning snack) So are you going to eat the cheese sandwich?
Blake: No, it is gross
Me; Ok, sorry about that. Why don't you go get a sub....or see if they'll just sell you meat. Tell them you already have the bread, mayo, mustard and cheese.
Blake: (not thinking that is funny) Goodbye Ginger,


I couldn't help but giggle thinking of him unwrapping the sandwich and coming to realize it was just bread and cheese.
To make up for it, I took him to Outback for Salad and Steak tonight. Ok, I wanted to go out, but I took him with me!

Oh, Sam got in BIG trouble today. He was on the grumpy side this morning too (don't know where he gets that!). Sophie had been patiently sitting by the door waiting to go out for a while. I told him I was going to take her out, then we'd have lunch. He didn't want me to. Starting fussing. I told him Sophie had to pee and I was taking her out. So out Sophie and I go......
She quickly tends to business, and is ready to go back in. I get to the door and notice Sam is inside and the door is closed. He usually stands on the deck while I take her to pee. Not this time. he was mad I took her out before making him apple juice. I go to open the door. It is locked. Sam has disappeared. I am starting to get annoyed. I have no extra key anywhere. I'd have to go next door and call Blake to come home, or go ask the construction workers across the street to break into my house for me. I bang on the door. Sam comes and looks then walks away. I am loudly saying...>Sam, the door is locked...UNLOCK the door! He smiles and says, Mommy outside. OPEN THE DOOR SAM. Now I am getting mad. If I have to go to a neighbors or to the construction workers, he is REALLY going to regret it. You see, I was wearing Santa Claus pajama pants, Barney colored crocs, my hair in last nights ponytail, and a stained up polo shirt....no bra. Lovely. just lovely. I decide I better bang some more and convince the 2 1/2 year old to unlock the door.
UNLOCK THE DOOR!!!! SAM I MEAN IT>
Sam: (trying to turn the handle) You do it. It locked.
I try explaining to a 2 year old how to unlock the handle. After what seemed like forever he finally got it unlocked. Sophie and I came in, and I had to deal with the naughty 2 year old.

I was SO glad when bedtime came tonight. Now I am just counting down the minutes to mine. To sum it up, I was out smarted by a two year old, and failed to make a simple ham sandwich. I am a dingbat!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny! Just had to laugh! I hate this early morning stuff too! School starts so early here.

Scott, Melinda, and the boys said...

Wow Ginger, that' pretty impressive. Sounds like a typical day @ our house. Make sure you remember this one in 20 years so when you're having a Christmas get-together with your kids and grandkids that you can tell them this story. It'll be "Cute".

Jessica said...

So, what did you make the kids for lunch?
Kylie locked me out of the car one day at Old Navy when Alex was a baby. Had to call Ryan to come unlock it cause she couldn't do it. She was as happy as she could be with her air conditioning and happy meal toy, and Alex and I were dying outside while I'm trying to tell her how to unlock it. Funny now, nightmare then.

Anonymous said...

LOLOLOL...i love the dialogue you wrote out.....

Nicole Bolinger said...

Did the kids get meat?? ANd I had a similar locked out experience. But Nora never could get it and I had to get my neighbor to help me break in! ;) Gotta love life!