CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Hello???? Is this thing on????

Guess so! I totally forgot I had a blog.

Ok, that isn't true. The truth is life has been absolutely crazy the past two weeks. When isn't it though?


So the big news.......we are moving to Atlanta!


When you may ask? Oh, that would be....IN A WEEK!

Have you started packing? Um, that would be a big fat NO!


So, what have I been doing? We went to my parents in Mobile for 4 days. That was fun and relaxing. Blake, my dad, Jon and Kay went golfing. They had fun, but it was HOT HOT HOT!



The past two days, I have spent putting 1000 miles on my van! Driving the street of Canton, Cumming, ALpharetta, and every other little town in the 20 mile corridor of my husbands job.

Poor Jonathon went with me and kept me company as we argued with the GPS about roads and turns that weren't there!



So, we still have NO home to move to! I have a short list of 4 houses, but nothing definite! Of course, the one I really want received an offer (to buy) and they are going to consider that first! So we have a second choice lined up. In fact, it is right across the street from one of my sisters friends.



A little funny... prior to the trip, I had been spending time researching neighborhoods, school districts, and real estate listings. We are only going to be renting since we would like to keep our home here in Alabama for the time and are trying to rent it out. I had found a home online that was practically our dream home (just missing a maid). I showed the kids the pictures, and had talked about it some. It was going to be a good deal, as the owners were very eager to get it rented, and had come off their rent price several hundred dollars, making it very affordable for us. I looked at Craigslist daily, hourly nearly, and had several options on there that I was interested in looking at.

The morning Jonathon and I were leaving, Andrew said, "Mom, I hope we get the big one"
I smiled and agreed. I see Bryce kind of tug on his arm, and said, No, we don't want that one. Andrew asked him why not, and Bryce told him, "cuz we'd have to keep ALL of it clean". Andrew said, so? Bryce told him, think of how long it takes us to clean now, it'll be bad. Very bad.

Guess the kids are tired of cleaning. Wonder how they are going to feel about packing next week?Wish us luck, I am finding we have a lot of junk!

1 comment:

Camara said...

Oh I'll bet you Amanda will be thrilled to have you around again! How close will you be to her though? Good luck with the packing...man..I'll bet you are so overwhelmed...dont try to organize anything...just get it together!