CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Dancing Queen....yep, That's me!!!!!!!

Yesterday, I was leaning over the sink in my bathroom, peering at my face in the mirror. Blake was sitting at his computer which is just outside our bathroom door. I was standing toward the end of the counter, just so I could lean as close as humanly possible to the mirror. I was examining what 32 years, 5 kids and one husband have done to my skin. Not a pretty sight!

Blake, calmly says....."Honey, don't move ...

now that right there is enough to put me on alert. The only time you tell someone NOT to move is if there is some thing bad in the vicinity.

He continues..."there's a spider.....

That's all I heard, and I start jumping from one foot to the other. He is yelling... "ON YOU!"

I am freaking out, dancing between the tub and the sink, jumping from one foot to the other looking for this spider. I HATE spiders. They make my skin crawl. The thought of one on me is nearly too much to bear. I am jumping. Panicking, really.

Blake is yelling louder, "Stop moving,.....stop...be still so I can see where it went....."

To which I think I reply....."AAGGHHHH....OOOHHHH..GET IT OFF"

He yells....."STOP dancing and let me look."

I take a deep breath, and stop, thinking surely my Irish dance has just flung any spider that was traveling the Ginger-highway off the map.

I stop dancing. Get still, and am carefully looking at my legs, at the floor, on the tub....everywhere.

Blake says..."There it is...be real still, its on your pants...towards the bottom." "it looks white"

I look down, careful not to move, at the bottom of my capri yoga pants. Then I annoyingly reply to Blake...."Would the spider you are talking about happen to look like the Danskin symbol on my pants?????"

he tries not to laugh, then cant help it. There was no spider, just the lovely logo. He is dying laughing. I am feeling stupid.

He says, "Boy, I haven't seen you dance like that in years." He is laughing so hard he is in tears.

" I wish I had a video camera. You should have seen yourself......That would have been great to put on youtube."

I fall into his lap, laughing at myself, almost out of breath from the vigorous spider dance I had just performed.

Just as the laughter subsides, and I am about to go on about my business, red-faced, but spider-free; He tries to make it better and says, "hey baby, where'd you get those moves anyway??"

Just wait.....maybe next year you'll see me take my spider dance and try out for So You Think You Can Dance? Or, maybe I'll just make sure we have the bug guy come, i think that would be the best thing for my pride, and the good of humanity everywhere.

No comments: