CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 3, 2008

I have blog block.....

I have started about 4 or 5 entries and shelved them all. I guess I have blog block.


I am neck high in field trip forms, teacher appreciation sheets, and end of year stuff for three kids! By the time evening rolls around, my brain is little better than bland mashed potatoes.


One exciting thing has happened in our home recently. Sam has crossed the threshold from baby and toddler into full-blown miniature boy! How is that you say? He is only two, is he not? Certainly he isn't to boyhood yet! Oh, but he is! My proof.....that child cannot hear a "poof" (that is how he says poot) without belly laughing. He thinks farts (did I just use the F-word!) are the funniest thing! Unfortunately for us, Jonathon tries to make him laugh, and our noses are being assaulted in some rather unthinkable ways. It is like a hurricane of putrid air rushing your nose! I certainly hope this amusement is a passing one.....or rather one that stops passing? Oh, and who knew 11 year old boys could do that on demand??????????


Why do my posts seem to always make their way to body functions????? Oh, I have four boys....that's right!


A funny little story....Sam has a very sensitive bum. We learned that there is one product that works well for him. In some ways, it has been a miracle cream for him. The only problem....the products name! So what is it already?????



Now here is why the name presents a problem. Sam has learned to say "butt paste" (and he has learned to say his own version of Andrew). Anytime he needs a diaper change, he will bring you a diaper, wipes, and butt paste. Shortly after Sam started saying "butt paste" and asking for it anytime he had a stinky. He loves his butt paste. It makes him feel better when he has (as we so crudely call it) BUTT RASH. One day not too long ago I was cleaning the kitchen floor (and NO this inst fiction!:P i do actually clean sometimes!). The tile gets VERY slick when wet. Just as I was warning Drew to be careful, he slipped and fell and bumped the back of his head on the floor. He was crying and saying he was hurt. I immediately went to him and was comforting Andrew when Sam walks up. As serious as he could be, Samuel looks at Andrew. Tilts his head off to the side, obviously concerned about Andrew's head. I am rubbing it and kissing his head where it hit the floor.
With all the sincerity of a two year old who LOVES his big brother, Sam says to Andrew: "DooDoo, you need Butt paste?" I about died laughing! The fact that Sam calls Andrew DOO DOO just makes it all the more funny! He just wanted to make him better, and he knew that in his world, butt paste made him feel better! Through my tears of laughter, I had to explain to Sam that while that was sweet he wanted to offer his paste to "Doo-Doo (that is how he says Andrew!)", that it wouldnt help his head feel better. Sam just couldnt believe it. Butt paste makes everything better in his world! He said, "No, you get butt paste, feel better."


If only life were as easy to fix as putting something on it called "butt paste!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! Dont you just love the names kids come up with for each other! Emmas new things is "Hey, Hot Momma!" SO embarrasing when you are in walmart!