CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!



I have spent the day being pampered by my kids! Their father is training them well! He got up at about 7am yesterday (Saturday) and took all five shopping! My parents were up for a visit, so mom, dad, and I got up around 9 and headed to the commissary! Blake took the kids to do the prep-work and shopping for mother's day.



This morning Grandma and I were treated to homemade waffles, eggs, juice, and milk. At church, we were served caked and punch. The guys headed home with the kids as soon as church was over. I had to help Relief Society clean up (though I didn't....I abandoned my duties! Sorry Pam!). Mom and I got back to the house, and they already had the food nearly done! For lunch we had grilled steak (was very good!), green beans, corn, and hot rolls. For dessert, we got to choose from a variety cheesecake! Also VERY good!





We ate while watching 27 Dresses. The kids did an excellent job keeping our glasses full, and making sure all our needs were being met! We were truly spoiled! What great kids I have!



After dinner came the gifts! The kids gave us both handmade cards, some with seed packets tucked in a little pocket. I guess I'll be trying to grow some flowers! We gave mom (grandma) her very own webkinz! Now she can log on and play with the kids over the net! The kids picked her a Collie, and named her.......Lassie! Go figure. The kids are super excited they can mail and chat with grandma on Webkinz now. We also gave her 2 games for her Wii! Ofcourse we tested them out before they headed home! She got Big Brain Academy, and Game Party. We tried Game Party and it was fun. I SUCKED at everything I tried....SkillBall on the Wii is NOT the same as in the arcade.





The kids (and Blake) totally spoiled me! I got my own wireless guitar to xbox 360! Now I can really Rock it like a Star! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!That is just too funnY! THough I did complete Roxanne on Expert! I even got 3 stars! (yeah, I know it is easy!) They also got me a great gift certificate to the new Spa in town. I get a haircut, pedi, mani, and a 60 minute hot stone massage. Not sure how I feel about the massage........I dont like people touching me, plus, I am not on the skinny side of heavy! :P There is a lot of me to massage! Plus I usually laugh anytime someone rubs on me....so this could make for a very interesting time at the spa! Boy do I need the mani/pedi though!





So a great mother's day! The gifts are great, and I know I'll enjoy them. The real beauty and blessings of the day come from my kids! We have really been blessed with such wonderful kids! Not a day goes by that I don't think how blessed we are, and look forward with wonder to what lies ahead! In a few short months, Jonathon will get the priesthood, and in a year and a half, KK will go into young womens! Drew will start school this year!.....They are growing up so quickly right before my eyes! Sometimes I feel like I am in the movie, CLICK, and things are flying by and I just can't get the time back! I am really feeling grateful to have such a wonderful husband and fantastic children, not to mention the wonderful mother and father I was blessed to have!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an awesome day! I agree you do have awesome little kiddos and I guess Blakes no so bad!! HEHE!!