CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Fun day at the dentist....

Today Andrew and Bryce had dental appointments. Andrew had a cavity to be filled and Bryce had a tooth to be pulled and a cavity to be filled. I was dreading it. We love our dentist office here, but this would be our first dental work done there outside of cleanings(except for them pulling Bryce's tooth when it cracked from the pressure of the permanent tooth pushing up from under it). I was a little nervous, and worried I would be called back and asked to take them to the Pediatric dentist down the road. However, it all went spectacularly!

I have to say first off that I LOVE our dental office here! LOVE THEM! Andrew, who would not allow our dentist in Missouri to touch him, and Bryce who was FIRED by our dentist (who happened to be in our WARD!) LOVE going....even if it is for work and not just a cleaning!

The practice truly strives to make it a FUN experience for adults and children alike!
They have only been opened since June of last year, I believe. However, they seem to be very popular, and I know why! When you come in you are greeted and it feels friendly! You truly feel welcomed! They have a refreshment center with complimentary refreshments. Yum!
The decor is all very nice and relaxing. Feels more like someones home than a dental office. At the other end of the lobby there is an Internet bar. Off the bar there is an Xbox room with a giant bean bag and a coloring center.

The exam rooms are all very nicely decorated and calming. Giant TV's are mounted to the ceiling above your head. Laughing gas is readily available! :) I LOVE THAT STUFF! The staff is so friendly, and adore the kids. (Messy faces and all!) The dentist has a great chair-side manner, and is able to get the kids to comply, yet takes their concerns to heart. GREAT dentist!

As we left today with the kids waving back to the receptionist, I had to laugh at the fact that my boys....who just had shots in their mouths, and even a tooth pulled.....were asking when they could come back!!!!!!!

What a far change for what we experienced at our last dentist! I still remember sitting in the lobby, wrestling with Sam (who was about a year old at the time). We were about a month away from Blake being home from Afghanistan. To say I was stressed would be an understatement. We had no problems with our dentist, and truly his work was fine. But I left that office feeling ashamed, frustrated and like a failure. How embarrassing to be fired as a client! I left today with a smile on my face, a smile on my kids faces, and a sense of accomplishment!

Yes, I am a freak, I know.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

When I saw the words fun and dentist in one sentence, I didn't expect it to be true! And you're not a freak - I know what former dentist you're talking about and I'm on your side. ;) Long live laughing gas!

Yahnira Backus a.k.a. "Mommy" said...

I haven't seen this new dentist yet and I am already loving them... today Sarah got a birthday card from the office and she hasn't even seen them yet! WOW!! I am definitely impressed! :)

Camara said...

I do believe I know what dentist you are referring to b/c I think it is mine. I havent had any huge problems, but I wish I would have gone to the "other" dentist in the ward! Nicer facility and people! I dont remember hearing about you getting fired! Im not sure how I missed out on that story! Im sure it would have been a good one!