CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Will it ever stop raining?

Rain has been the theme around here for what feels like forever.

Rain drops are falling on my head.......
This was from 2 weeks ago when we had the severe flash flooding. Our yard was lakefront property. Seriously. We had to go in and out through the garage as our sidewalk was a river......of woodchips! (see the pic below)

Did I mention our backyard was a lake too! And we live at the TOP of the hill! In the pic the yard looks like mud, but it is actually running water, and there is grass under there....I PROMISE!
I am thinking the drought is over. I mean it has been raining again for the past 5 days off and on. This is the start of summer! We should be getting to swim (in a pool not a front yard puddle), I should be able to kick the kids outside when they are fighting over who gets to be the eagle webkinz........Or when they decide to play tennis IN the bedroom! But no.....we have rain. RAIN I tell you!
I am sure in a few weeks when it is hot as anything, I will be begging for some rain. Right now, I want to see the sun!

1 comment:

Nicole Bolinger said...

Girl, I know how you feel, It reained here for like 2 weeks straight! YUCK!!