CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Big Announcement! IT'S A GIRL!!!!!

Kayleigh is finally getting a sister! It seemed like it would never happen. Three boys in a row after Kayleigh.



We decided we were done. Five kids were enough. I resisted and resisted and resisted, but sometimes you just can't help it! We were definately missing a member of our family. As much as I wanted to be done, to be able to sleep through the night, to be done (almost) with potty training......I relented. It is our pleasure to announce our new baby! Her name is Sophie.


She is a 2 year old Dachshund, Border Collie mix. She essentially looks like a midget Border Collie. LUCKILY, she came to us potty trained! She is very well behaved. We have only heard her bark 3 times! She does well on the leash, and loved to curl up on the couch. She is great with the kids, and is adjusting to our crazy family quite nicely.


We got her from the Humane Society! She is just a sweetheart! She looks very much like a dog I had growing up, so we jokingly refer to her as Oreo 2.0 (Oreo was the dog's name). We are still getting used to having her here. We have to watch opening the door, she tries to go everywhere we go. She gets up on the bed. I had to take my flipflops from her five times today.

We have been shutting her in the masterbath when we leave, then shutting the master. I came home yesterday and she has somehow let herself out of the bathroom and was SLEEPING ON MY BED! She is curled up beside me now. She had her first Vet appt. today! She didnt like some of the things they did to her, though I must say, I sympathize with her!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

TOO CUTE! How fun for you guys!! Lucky that she is potty trained!

Scott, Melinda, and the boys said...

Ha Ha!!! Almost looks like Oreo. Congrads. We'll definitely see you guys Sept. 14th weekend. (I'm off)

Michelle said...

All right, I'm a sucker. I was believing there was really another girl BABY on the way! Congrats!

Nicole Bolinger said...

cute dog!! Lucky is a very lucky dog!! See how that works! ;) haha! You are a brave woman too!