CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Busy busy...sick sick sick

School has started and with that comes germs. We did pretty well the first several weeks, but the flu hit us. Bryce and Samuel both tested positive for flu. Sam got really sick with croup and spent some time in the ER. Drew and Jonathon took their turns being sick. I think I had it before them (but thought it was allergies). Lots of medicines later, and I think we are over it for this bout. I did decide to sprout a mountain range on my face, but what do you do?! I feel like I am back in high school with zits like this again. Ugh.
Football is going well. We are amazed at the money-making machine it is. First you pay to register them. Then you buy the practice set. And, conveniently at each practice, they have a table set up to sell spirit items. Then there is the concession stand. A buck for a can of sprite. 1.50 for Gatorade. A buck for skittles or m&ms. Water bottle 1.00. Then we show up to the Jamboree and realize that each person coming in the gate has to pay entry! For real? We thought that must be a mistake!! Our fees are also double what the leagues around us pay. Each game we go to you have to pay. For each person. I witnessed them make a lady pay $2.00 for her infant. Yep, sure did. Someone is making bank on this. (Why couldn't it be me?) I know there are costs associated.......insurance, referees, and field maintenance, but there has got to be a surplus floating around....... The important thing is that Bryce enjoys it. He isn't the best player on the team, but he is having fun. He never quits, and while he might be afraid, he hasn't backed down yet.


The next big thing....WE HAVE A TEENAGER! A real live, official teenager. I am not sure how that is really possible. I swear he is getting bigger everyday. The voice is getting deeper, the lip is getting hairier, and the feet are already huge (mans size 12 now). He is still a bit shorter than me, but i know that wont be for long.
Our house is one loud, crazy disorganized mess! How could it not be with four active, healthy boys, and one princess! (two princesses if you count Sophie)



Blake is super busy between work and his new calling. He only lasted on the high council about 2 months. I think he wishes he was still on it. He is now the stake executive secretary. He is doing a great job at it, but we miss him. :) We have a great Stake Presidency, so I am very happy he is working with such great men! Blake is already such a good father, husband, leader, and more; I know this calling will be good for him. he'll tell you he lacks in compassion, so maybe this'll help?

I swear I get further and further behind everyday. I am a terrible time manager, and even though I know this, I haven't seemed to find the ability to correct it. Because of this, the blog is being neglected, but I am going to try to put more on here.

1 comment:

Camara said...

That really sucks they charge you for so much with the sports. I would have to get a petition going on that one...especially since you have more family members to pay for each event! You do such a good job keeping up with the kids...who cares about the house...the mess will always be there when you get back. Spending time with your kids is more important! Oh and as you know, the mess always comes right back! I always tell people that I may be a laid back parent, but its the only thing keeping me off of medication! If I were to freak out about every last thing, I would be on anxiety meds just like everyone else! (not everyone, but you get my drift!) I too have been bad at keeping the blog up. I eventually get to it, but by then it's old news! Oh well! Glad you all are feeling better now!